Discussion board help and admin topics > Problems and Solutions for Accurate Measurements

help me measure voltage differentials between any two points & send to logger


My electronic component availability is stuck in the 80's. Surely there must be some cheap few pin ic to do the following.

I want to measure the difference between two points, like between a resistor on the board of an instrument. A multimeter does the job. But I want instead to measure the voltage and send it to a pc voltage logger. The problem is that the resistor could be at 100s of volts above earth and the pc is earthed and so is the voltage logger.  How do I add an isolator of some kind? This must be a very common problem.


[0] Message Index

Go to full version