To browser these website, it's necessary to store cookies on your computer.
The cookies contain no personal information, they are required for program control.
  the storage of cookies while browsing this website, on Login and Register.

GDPR and DSGVO law

Storing Cookies (See : ) help us to bring you our services at . If you use this website and our services you declare yourself okay with using cookies .More Infos here:
If you do not agree with storing cookies, please LEAVE this website now. From the 25th of May 2018, every existing user has to accept the GDPR agreement at first login. If a user is unwilling to accept the GDPR, he should email us and request to erase his account. Many thanks for your understanding

User Menu

Google Search

Custom Search

Author Topic: help me measure voltage differentials between any two points & send to logger  (Read 3347 times)

Offline pomodoro

  • Hero Member
  • *****
  • Posts: 720
My electronic component availability is stuck in the 80's. Surely there must be some cheap few pin ic to do the following.

I want to measure the difference between two points, like between a resistor on the board of an instrument. A multimeter does the job. But I want instead to measure the voltage and send it to a pc voltage logger. The problem is that the resistor could be at 100s of volts above earth and the pc is earthed and so is the voltage logger.  How do I add an isolator of some kind? This must be a very common problem.