To browser these website, it's necessary to store cookies on your computer.
The cookies contain no personal information, they are required for program control.
  the storage of cookies while browsing this website, on Login and Register.

Storing Cookies (See : ) help us to bring you our services at . If you use this website and our services you declare yourself okay with using cookies .More Infos here:
If you do not agree with storing cookies, please LEAVE this website now. From the 25th of May 2018, every existing user has to accept the GDPR agreement at first login. If a user is unwilling to accept the GDPR, he should email us and request to erase his account. Many thanks for your understanding

User Menu

Custom Search

Author Topic: SIGNAL TRACER NAME?  (Read 2435 times)

Offline magnetman12003

  • Hero Member
  • *****
  • Posts: 854
« on: September 08, 2015, 06:06:04 PM »
I would like the correct name of a electrical tracer that can trace a signal through power lines.
I have two power  120 volt AC power outlets on my home that are wired and the wires feed into my basement somewhere.  The trouble is that there is no electricity flowing in the wires.

I have heard of a device that can put a signal into a dead wire and all along the wire on the outside of it a separate pickup will pinpoint the signal wire. This will save me countless hours in locating the other ends of the wire and see where and why they never made it to the power source.

Does anyone with an electrical background know the proper name of this signal tracer and where I can find one to buy on Ebay?

All help appreciated.